Friday, December 26, 2008

Things That Go Bump In The Night

Having my own set of phobias (snakes, spiders, heights, crowds), I know how terrifyingly real they can be, and how difficult they can be to overcome. So, I don't wish to mock other people's. However, this is just too interesting to pass-by without sharing.

An article on phobias in London's "The Telegraph" reports:

Louise Arnold, from Gloucester, has a pea phobia which means she cannot walk down the frozen food aisle of a supermarket.

Explaining her dislike of peas, she said: "They tend to just look at me – ganging up on me. All the hairs on the back of my neck go up. I have to know where they are in the supermarket before I go in. It's just controlling my life now. I would like to be a dinner lady at my daughter's school, but I'm not even able to be in the same room as someone eating them."

I've never been fond of peas, and perhaps now I know why: they're watching me. Pesky little buggers. Can't ever trust anything small, tiny, round and green.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP